lunes, 28 de mayo de 2012

My sunglasses

I got a pair of new sunglasses
And now I see life in pink,
La vie en rose.
Sometimes.
Other times, if I look above,
I see clear:
You’re not here.
A poem goes on in my head while I read the landscape with my sunglasses,
In pink.
I’ll never get to ask you if you like them,
And if you finally quit smoking,
Cause I didn’t.
I stopped watching my weight so much,
But now I work out,
With my sunglasses on,
I wanna see through all the pain that you gave me,
I guess I wanna sweat it away
Like a virus.
It’s only a matter of time,
Before I forget you.
In the meantime,
I’m still afraid of spiders,
I still dream about you every night.
Sometimes you wear an armor,
And you carry magic swords to kill my spiders,
They’re climbing over me,
I get my sunglasses,
But they don’t turn pink.
If you ever wanna return home, let me know.
I’ll buy you a ticket straightaway,
Or I’ll get out of hell,
Here,
Just to reach you.
I’ll never get to show you my sunglasses,
I’ll never spy on you through my pink lenses,
And though my legs are driven by despair,
I’ll never walk back to your place to get you.

2 comentarios:

aningunsitioperoquesealejos dijo...

Aquí me vuelve a suceder el tema de la distancia con el inglés. Lo del tema de la vida de color de rosa, me ha recordado una frase que escribí en la universidad para referirme a la vida moderna: "pink plastic life".

Madame Blavatsky dijo...

pues bueno, no es un poema del que esté tan orgullosa porque no es perfecto a nivel de inglés, y está muy pasado por mi tamiz de hablante extranjera, pero me parece que es bastante sencillo en cuanto a vocabulario.

Pink plastic life, jajajjaja, eso me recuerda más a la canción de "Barbie Girl" de Aqua, "life in plastic is fantastic".